Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ideas for Christmas Kris Kringle

Our office Christmas kris kringle started last week but I haven't given a gift yet. I have not received one either so it was just fair. What is that something soft and hairy? Or that something naughty?

Any ideas for Christmas kris kringle please? I have made a list for the best gifts and toys for kids this Christmas. But I could not think of what to give to my secret manita.

Sometimes I think it's better to give in cash, but it's totally tasteless to give the exact amount on exchange gift day. I remembered one Christmas when a boss of mine picked my name in the exchange gifts. The minimum was P100. Since he forgot to buy a gift, he just gave me P100 instead.

I would like to complain really. Had he tripled the amount, that would have been acceptable.

Update: I already bought something for my kris kringle. I remembered that we signed a wish list, and my staff emailed me the summary. Posting an entry about kris kringle gift ideas purges my brain to think of something.

8 comments:

Abaniko said...

What does your manita really like? Then give it to her. Be sure that you're giving something not too cheap though. :)

Anonymous said...

some inexpensive burloloy if she's into it. :)

Photo Cache said...

Cash is not bad.

Anyway, here at work this is how we do it. We give every one who would like to participate a piece of paper with their name. They will have to write down their wish list so whoever draws their name knows what to get them.

Anonymous said...

in her wish list, she mentioned kitchenware.

Francesca said...

its handy always if cash.
just insert it in a card, with a note.

"I know you need your kitchen ware, but it is a woman's thing to choose
and Im really poor in choosing the best.
just tell no one..."

she will understand and might give you a thank you kiss!!!

Francesca said...

its handy always if cash.
just insert it in a card, with a note.

"I know you need your kitchen ware, but it is a woman's thing to choose
and Im really poor in choosing the best.
just tell no one..."

she will understand and might give you a thank you kiss!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is unfair to give cash equivalent to the required amount for kris kringle. if you were to purchase a gift you will have to endure the traffic and crowds in the mall, spend time looking a present and spend money on transportation and food when you look for the present. Imagine receiving money, and the exact amount lang after exerting effort.

Imagine if everyone in the office would decide to give money instead of gifts.

Anonymous said...

@anon, you got a point there. it isn't nice exchanging cash. :)