Thursday, September 28, 2006

Flowers ...



My wife arranged that: Fruits and flowers in a basket. She’ll give this to her ailing aunt who’ll be arriving from the US today.

“Flowers are words which even a babe may understand.” – Bishop Arthur Cleveland Coxe

Not many years ago, when my wife was still my girlfriend, I was so hesitant (and even now) of giving her flowers. I knew she loves flowers and can beautifully arrange a bouquet or a basket of them. Flower arrangement seems so natural for her. But I was not sure if she would like the arrangement done by the flower shops. So I tried my best shot and gave her a bouquet of three pink roses from the best flower shop in the city at that time. To my surprise, she said she loved it, and even kept it for weeks.

The second time I gave her a bouquet was a disaster, but she appreciated the effort.

For me, nothing compares to the wonders she does with the flowers. I enjoyed watching her arrange them. Imagine, she even made her own wedding bouquet, bought the flowers herself, and directed the arrangement. She arranged flowers at friends’ weddings and at our church on most Sundays. I heard the “Wows” of most church-goers as they expressed their admiration.

It’s been years since I gave her flowers. I am gathering enough confidence of doing that again soon!

14 comments:

Iskoo said...

very nice flower arrangement, i'm sure matutuwa ang makakatanggap nyan ;)

jef said...

Man, with a talent like that, she can be the next Martha Stewart :-)

Lazarus said...

Thanks iskoo and jef.

pauL said...

i'd say go give her truck of flowers! *lol... how sweet!

i'm sure her aunt will gonna like the flowers...

God bless to your family bro!

Francesca said...

hmmn, ganda nga! flowers speaks a lot to a lady, kaya kahit mahal, sige bili si bf or husband.
Lately, di na ako binibigyan ng flowers ni Lolo.
I sang to him: "You dont give me flowers... anymore..."
Ala Barbara Striesand baga!
Sagot ni Lolo:
I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING, isnt it enough!!!!!!!

di ba nakaka melt feeling if we receive flowers????!

niceheart said...

First time I've heard of fruits and flowers in a basket. That's a pretty good arrangement. :)

Abaniko said...

Nice flower arrangement. Hey, what about opening a small flower shop for her?

Gypsy said...

How sweet! May all husbands be as supportive to their wives endeavours as you! :)

Unknown said...

i agree why not putting up a flower shop, mapagkikitaan yang talent ni misis :)

B said...

another "WOW!" from me. :) your wife can really give flower shops a run for their money.

and believe me, any girl loves getting flowers. even if you know that she can do a better arrangement than any flower shop, she would still truly appreciate what you give her. so go ahead and give her a bouquet! :D

it's just sad that my bf thinks i don't like getting flowers. he always thought i'm not the traditional kind of girl -- which is true -- but still, getting flowers makes any girl feel like special. and i wish he knew that. :)

Lazarus said...

We really thought of putting up a small flower shop but there are other priorities as of the moment. We accept orders from friends and officemates, every valentines day. And also a few flower arrangements for friends' weddings. But we have politely turned down a few coz of problems in schedules.

One of these days, we will put up a shop. And then I can arrange flowers for her more often.

dezphaire said...

very beautiful. tell your wife she has a very great talent :))

and here's to you working up the confidence to give some to her. i'm sure she'd love them.

ghee said...

wow! so sweet of you to give her flowers!

and shes so gifted she can arrange them beautifully..

i miss some bouquets,too :)

ghee
http://ghee-ghee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love the arrangements!