Monday, October 15, 2007

See You Soon

I’m not really good at saying goodbyes, especially if I’m the one left behind. Well, maybe except for the casual hellos and byes. But for the long-term, I’d rather say “See you soon in “the land down under”, or in New York, or in Hongkong” or wherever the destination. Fulfilling it would be difficult, but who knows? The world is getting smaller and smaller for us Filipinos.

Yesterday, we had a despedida for a colleague who will migrate to Australia. The family will leave for Sydney this Wednesday. The party was actually a birthday celebration for their 3 year old daughter, whom I am one of the ninongs. But it was also a time of saying goodbyes.

I asked the husband about how ready he is and he just smiled and replied that he is ever ready. I can see that they’ve packed up already. This migration thing got them so frustrated at one time, but when they received their confirmation, their excitement raised to the highest level. It was a perfect timing for the husband too, whose contract in a foreign cruise ship ended mid of September.

It seems that Australia is a very famous destination for Filipino CPAs nowadays. Six of my ex-colleagues from the auditing firm are already there. My colleague, even months before her scheduled arrival, already have plenty of job interview appointments. She said that she is very well prepared for the challenge. She even bought plenty of shoes.

Well, I wish you all the best, Kumare! And, see you soon in Sydney!

7 comments:

vernaloo said...

OMG Lazarus. All along, I really thought you're a man! Gosh I'm sorry...*toink*

Anyway yesterday hinatid namin sa NAIA yung kabarkada namin. He's gonna work in Malta na. Kakalungkot but at the same time excited also for him. I also hate goodbyes especially pag ako naiiwan...so true.

Anonymous said...

verns??? Ha ha, my masculinity is being questioned here. or was it with the use of kumare? Ninong ako sa anak ng female officemate ko. kumpare ako sa couple. Hay naku, mare or pare is loosely used these days. he he.

Abaniko said...

Most of my good friends in college have migrated to various countries around the world. Most of them are in the States. I'm happy for them. But I still prefer the Philippines. Beer here is super cheap. Hehe.

vernaloo said...

LOL...I misunderstood one of your sentences Lazarus hahaha so sorry. When you said you asked the husband, I thought you were talking about your husband hahaha sorry di gumagana brain cells yesterday hehe

Anonymous said...

abaniko, when I was in high school, ayaw ko talaga mag migrate. Pero ngayon, if given the chance, alis na ako kaagad. he he.

verns, toink!!! he he.

Francesca said...

Uy, saan naman balak ni lazarus punta?
Dito ka na sa France...

Anonymous said...

francesca, if given the chance, i'd like to live in europe for 2 years.