Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dating Someone Of The Same Belief

When you are new in a company and fresh from college, you’d find yourself teased by your older colleagues, especially if you have no girlfriend or boyfriend on a valentine’s day. They’d pair you with almost any single girl available in the office, even those beyond their 30’s. Sometimes, we have play along just to parry the humiliation. Or even make up stories here and there.

A friend asked me then, “What are you looking for in a woman?”

“She has to share the same belief as mine” was my brief reply.

He continued his mockery. “You have a very limited choice my friend. There are plenty of beautiful ladies out there who are outside your circle of belief. You might regret it later on.”

“I’m sure I’ll find one, my friend. There are plenty of them out there. Only you have not seen them.” I said. We both laughed. I was not really offended by his suggestions. Instead, it gave me the chance to explain my side on the matter.

Valentine’s Day is almost here, and for most singles, it is not easy to find a date for Valentine’s Day that shares your beliefs. You’d find them in churches on Sundays but on other days, they just mix in the crowd.

However, you can also find them in the internet. There is an online site that lists directories of the best dating sites in the web. It’s not about being choosy. Let us say it’s about preference. You may prefer a date coming from the same region where you come from, same religious practices, or even the same cultural background. At least, you already have a starting point of agreement with your date.

No comments: