Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Dream European Destinations

I have never been outside the country. It’s one of my unrealized dreams. But I am slowly familiarizing myself with some countries and cities just by reading books and surfing the internet.

When I was in elementary, I was hugging the world atlas almost daily for a couple of months, memorizing the capital cities of all countries in Europe, Asia, North America, and most of Africa and South America. But the European boundaries changed after the fall of the Berlin wall and the collapse of USSR. I didn’t quite make any effort to update since then. But my European dream destinations remain the same: London, Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona and Venice.

I don’t really have to worry about hotel accommodations. It is easy to book. Websites like EasytoBook.com offers large discounts and they even list down the different accommodations and the respective prices of the various hotels in my dream cities. My worries are my travel documents and of course, money. But for now, I’d just settle for dreams. It’s free.

1 comment:

Forever59er said...

Nowadays too most of the travelling I do is on an armchair, reading the entries of blogger-jetsetters.

Books take us to far away places, don't they?

But I am sure you will really travel some time and share us your travelogue.